Android phone takes great image of moon!

A great beginners tip! Use you phone! :D

I just made an image of the moon using just a 25mm eyepiece and sticking it to my phone (samsung galaxy s, android) with elecrical tape.

Using 114mm F/7.8 reflector

The result is fantastic.:)

post-32013-133877716852_thumb.jpg

I dont think you covered the camera lense properly as its gone an oval shape but nice clear image, good detail. try photoshopping it with some simple level adjustments.

mmm I think the site I used to upload may have altered the dimensions or something cos it looks fine on the phone :)

wow, nice results guys. how are you able to line up the camera? or are you all using sticky tape? i'd rather not use tape, as i don't wanna leave any mess behind....ut trying to line up by hand is proving extremely difficult....so much so that i'm yet to capture a single image....doesn't help that the back of my htc wildfire s is curved i guess :s

For my pics I just held the phone (HTC Sensation) up to the eye piece, it was quite fiddly but worked out ok - I don't know how camera software works on other mobiles but the auto-adjust worked well as the moon was too bright to start with but looked fine once I had tapped on the screen to focus. Getting it all in shot was tricky though, but not too bad. Just wish I could zoom out with the webcam to get images like this - they have to be at the same zoom level it seems, and it's quite close in!

I use electric tape as the resedue comes off with an alcohol wipe easily.

five roughly bitten off pieces. Its good to use this tape as you can stretch it tight so holds phone safely on the scope.

great photos guys, lets see some more!

Archived