NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally commited myself

Shure

After waiting and waiting and deciding backwards and forwards I've purchased my first scope :icon_scratch:

Managed to get pretty much what I wanted for not a terrible price...

Skywatcher 250px Flex Auto with all supplied kit described in as new condition.

I did just miss out on the one at £300 on ABS but managed to get this for £350.

Suppose I need to start shopping for accessories now :D

Accessories:

Minimum of 10 eyepieces.

Woolly hat.

Gloves.

Warm jacket.

Thermals.

Warm shoes/boots.

Thick socks.

2 or 3 wind up torches.

Patience - lots of.

P.S. A title of "Finally commited myself" really is ambiguous. But the alternative could be appropriate in this hobby.

Excellent, congratulations on your purchase. Will you be out this evening to give it a spin?

I wish I had it tonight looking outside! Hopefully I'll be picking it up tomorrow or Sunday.

Just picked it up today and it is in immaculate condition.

Not played around with the tracking much just had an hour outside dipping my toe in the water with Jupiter and M42.

Really pleased I went for the 10" just need to get some decent eyepieces now...

we tried to get one of these to track friday night no matter how much we tried and set the thing up 50 times it would not track the info in the booklet is so far away they well have been better not to include one but ,but with a 6mm tmb you could see the ice caps on mars a dark feature under that and a L shape pattern at the bottom ,the optics are great but the auto track was not there a think he his take in it back to the shop this week

we tried to get one of these to track friday night no matter how much we tried and set the thing up 50 times it would not track the info in the booklet is so far away they well have been better not to include one but ,but with a 6mm tmb you could see the ice caps on mars a dark feature under that and a L shape pattern at the bottom ,the optics are great but the auto track was not there a think he his take in it back to the shop this week

I have wondered why the 250px auto has been discontinued. Hope its nothing major but I would have thought it would affect all models if there was a problem?

For the price I'm happy even if the tracking doesn't work as the flex dob suits my current car for transportation but I will be dissapointed!

So long as you set zero with a level base and set the Lattitude correctly using the pole star it will track dead center for over 30 mins. Make sure all the date/time, TZ and daylight savings are correct and in the right format too.

Finish your moves in the East on the up and right key - this will help reduce backlash. The instructions are a bit naff as you say - a lot is lost in the translation but they are reasonably correct if you work out what they're getting at lol :)

Archived