NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion Zoom Eyepiece

The new Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Zoom eyepiece has finally arrived :police:

· Seven element, multi-coated optics for remarkable sharpness, contrast and colour correction.

· Smooth zoom action with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24mm.

· Parfocal across the entire zoom range.

· Wide 68 degrees FOV at 8mm, 50 degrees at 24mm.

· 12-15mm eye-relief and adjustable rubber eye-cup for comfortable viewing with or without spectacles.

· Threaded for 1.25” filters.

As soon as I can spare one I shall make it available to SGL for review.

Hi Steve,

I already have the 5mm Hyperion , it weighs about 425g. For those of us with slightly smaller telescopes do have the weight of the zoom eyepiece? Or can you weigh it for us?

John

I've got all the Hyperions bar the 3.5mm and the 5mm is the biggest for some reason. :police:

Thanks for the info. The zoom would go nicely with my 5mm. Should I buy the zoom ??????

Must have a look at the bank balance !!

John

I'll be glad to help you with a review steve! Being a total amateur to astronomy might help put a different view across to the newbies and maybe a different perspective to all the pro's in here!

See you at SP3.5

Darren :police:

P.S Ive also volunteered to help with the cooking, providing someone can supply the equipment!

it's a bit of a wrench but I would be happy to do a review :D

Hey!! Visual guys first! :)

Mind you, I would be interested to see how you'll work a recommendaton for fork mounts into a zoom eyepeice review???? :):o

No problem matey, just watch me work :)

As the target image crossed the meridian I decided to up the magnification, no problem with this wonderful eyepiece - more detail kept emerging with crisp contrasty views and pinpoint stars to the periphery and hey - no need to interupt the gob smacking view by having to swing the telesope throght 360 degrees. Pure heaven! Eye piece, scope and mount in total harmony.

...you know you don't have to swing the scope 360 when it crosses the meridian though? rolleyes Wink

By the sounds of it, Martin was using his scope to perform a ballet though so perhaps the 360 is needed? :)

By the sounds of it, Martin was using his scope to perform a ballet though so perhaps the 360 is needed? :o

Quite so, even after a bottle of sauvignon blanc and a few stella, wife beater, artois :) :)

Archived