Hi

Asteroid1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, i am a Astrologer & newbie stargazer...I have recently been gifted with the nexstar 4se. We have not been having much clear skies in SA. I have tried viewing the moon and had problems with the focus handle. i have spoken to the company and they had told me that i should focus on a tree abt 100 mtrs away and try focusing during the day. About 50 small rotations should help me adjust the focus handle. Am i doing something incorectly?

Hey Alan,

The manual is very general, does not expain much about the adjustment handle, therefore, i contacted Cstron directly...will have clear skies on thurday, will skywatch then and try adjusting the focus handle.

I agree with what you have been told about focusing on something distant during the day. You have a Mak-Cassegrain mine is a Schmidt-Cassegrain but I think the focusing is done the same way- by a small handle at the bottom of the telescope which you turn. I find mine turns a great deal but focusing is all about the same place for stars as for distant trees. Persevere and I am sure you will find it.

Hi Mr Spock, I am a Astrologer. Astrology is belief system that holds a relationship between astronomical phenomena and events in the human world. Astrology is built into other studies such as astronomy, meteorology, alchemy & medicine.

Archived