Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Light pollution from neighbours

gthomas

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cat. I do realize that it was humorous and I have had similar thoughts....

But Quatermass,

We price ourselves in being a forum suitable for any age.

Yet we think it's acceptable to condone the SHOOTING of lights, causing criminal damage to street lights by opening them up and damaging them. The very same street lights that WOULD KILL if you touched the wrong wire.

We think it's funny to suggest ways in which we can poison out neighbors trees...

All these things are illegal - not all have been suggested in this thread, but they have all been suggested here on SGL before.

I know that I should muck around with power to street lights, so do you... but does the 10 year old that reads these posts... maybe maybe not.

I stand by my earlier post. If you do not like it then please feel free to leave SGL and post on one of the other astronomy forums.

Astro Chat

ukastroimaging.co.uk

Australian Amateur Astronomy - IceInSpace

To name just a few.

Ant

Interestingly, I get home from work tonight and their house is in total darkness. Still no signs of life inside so hopefully the strain has blown the fuses :(

Astro panel is predicting clearer skies tonight so I'll try and make hay while the sun doesn't shine :o

Lets face it most people don't care less (not all but most) about the fact that you own a telescope or want a dark sky and if you ask them they look at you as if you have asked them to move house. And as for asking the council that will take you months and months of bickering with them to get anything done I know I have tried, its taken them years to finally switch of the street lights in our area and now they have everyone in the town is moaning that the street lights have gone off saying crime will increase and we will all be robbed. What utter RUBBISH! As I grow older I grow less tolerant and more grumpy yes I am becoming a grumpy old man, BAH!!! ring ring hello Sir would you be interested in our life insurance, NO I WOULD NOT!! knock knock good morning Sir can I intrest you in donating some money to the save the wonga wonga bird, NO BUG OFF!!

Later that night, ah at last peace and quiet I will just go outside and chill out under the stars.. DING..BLAZING FLOOD LIGHTS!! AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

wife, calm down dear calm down. GRRRRR :(:mad::o:mad:

Astronomy a relaxing hobby for old men.

Lets face it most people don't care less (not all but most) about the fact that you own a telescope or want a dark sky and if you ask them they look at you as if you have asked them to move house. And as for asking the council that will take you months and months of bickering with them to get anything done I know I have tried, its taken them years to finally switch of the street lights in our area and now they have everyone in the town is moaning that the street lights have gone off saying crime will increase and we will all be robbed. What utter RUBBISH! As I grow older I grow less tolerant and more grumpy yes I am becoming a grumpy old man, BAH!!! ring ring hello Sir would you be interested in our life insurance, NO I WOULD NOT!! knock knock good morning Sir can I intrest you in donating some money to the save the wonga wonga bird, NO BUG OFF!!

Later that night, ah at last peace and quiet I will just go outside and chill out under the stars.. DING..BLAZING FLOOD LIGHTS!! AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

wife, calm down dear calm down. GRRRRR :(:mad::o:mad:

Astronomy a relaxing hobby for old men.

LOL :p I feel like that at times.

Thankfully I don't have the issue yet, and my neighbours know I have the hobby.

Hope it all works out OP. Good news about the light eventually going off. perhaps the meter ran dry :D

Interestingly, I get home from work tonight and their house is in total darkness. Still no signs of life inside so hopefully the strain has blown the fuses :(

Those Halogen Lamps don't like to be on for days on end, too much heat generated and they usually burn out. Fingers crossed for you

Im taking beta blockers for my heart so mybe I should try not to let it all get to me but sometimes its just enough to send you over the edge stupid great flood lights and the hedge hogs setting them off.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Thanks Cat. I do realize that it was humorous and I have had similar thoughts....

But Quatermass,

We price ourselves in being a forum suitable for any age.

Yet we think it's acceptable to condone the SHOOTING of lights, causing criminal damage to street lights by opening them up and damaging them. The very same street lights that WOULD KILL if you touched the wrong wire.

We think it's funny to suggest ways in which we can poison out neighbors trees...

All these things are illegal - not all have been suggested in this thread, but they have all been suggested here on SGL before.

I know that I should muck around with power to street lights, so do you... but does the 10 year old that reads these posts... maybe maybe not.

I stand by my earlier post. If you do not like it then please feel free to leave SGL and post on one of the other astronomy forums.

Astro Chat

ukastroimaging.co.uk

Australian Amateur Astronomy - IceInSpace

To name just a few.

Ant

I presume you ment 'Should'nt muck around with power to street lights' ?

Archived