Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arnt we small, this is mind blowing stuff!!

Madhatter

It is very mind boggling! It's hard to imagine a star that would extend to the orbit of Jupiter if it was in our solar system. I think this is the sort of stuff that makes me interested in astronomy.:)

Learning things like this makes the hair on my arms stand on end! i knew stars came in different temps and sizes..But had no idea just how much differance in size there can be! and to think thats just what we have found so far!!.

Awesome video! thats getting to "head exploding" levels of size and distance:eek:

Here is another mind boggling video

What i find it hardest to believe, is that some people refuse to believe that there is life somewhere out there! to think otherwise is quite frankly ludicrous.

What i find it hardest to believe, is that some people refuse to believe that there is life somewhere out there! to think otherwise is quite frankly ludicrous.

An entirely different subject!

(With respect I beg to differ with your "belief":))

Research Fermi's Paradox...essentially "Where are they?".

Have a read of Rare Earth or The Eerie Silence.

It's not as ludicrous as you may think. Simple life may be very common, complex life very rare...

Yes very different subject!

I will have a good read of that link tommorow when i am abit more fresh headed:)

When i say life i was acctualy reffering to any kind of life down to a single-cell organism, i believe as you mention simple life quite common and advanced beings very rare.

But you have to wonder. even if the earth is a trillion too 1 super freak of a planet, with lets say roughly 50-500 billion stars per galaxy and roughly 100 to 200 billion galaxys (currently mapped) complex life would just seem a forgone conclusion.

If we will ever find it is another question and in my opinion unlikely.

Yes we are indeed insignificant in our little bubble world, shame not enough people come to realise this. Instead of fighting each other we should be looking at trying to make our existent last longer. And we call us an intelligent race. lol.

There could have been other intelligent life out their, but could have been wiped out millions of years ago, it's going to happen to us so maybe some where else it's already happened.

Hi. back to the scale theme, a lot of interest is taken about supermassive suns but what about smaller ones? ie can there be suns of the same class as ours but mutch smaller and is there a minimum mass/size required to begin fusion.:)

thanks. ken

Archived