Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81

bazza

Really tired last night but just had to get out and get something done!

Here's 27 mins (would have been 30 but lost one due to guiding issues!) in 3 min (L) subs.

I was so tired I didn't even take any darks or flats so excuse the dust bunnies...just wanted to post something!!! Processed in Maxim and Photoshop.

post-13206-13387732834_thumb.jpg

Hi ya Barry,

That's a good effort m8, it's not an easy target as I've found out myself on a several occasions.

I still haven't managed to get an image worth keeping yet.

Hi Barry , takes a while sometimes before ppl reply, a good effort on that one . like Roy says , this is a pretty hard one to get right , took me a year and a better set up before i could get a really nice one, the core needs to be very small , and very good skies to get that outer section just right , so keep at it , you will get there . under good skies 60 secs to 2 mins should give you a good image , then use the ddp part in Maxim for reducing the core to pin point, but to do this you do need a good outer section.

Rog

Looking good Baz. The outer bits have plenty of detail. The white point is clipped so that even in the darker regions there are areas that are a bit burn't out. To reduce the core burn out you can always use an image with less stretching, lasso the core with a decent bit of feathering and paste it onto a brighter image. Takes a bit of practice but it can work very well.

Archived