NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aweful weather

Looked outside, clear sky lovely crescent moon. Wow set up new scope for first look at moon. Oh dear, gale force wind and up roll the clouds and down comes the rain. Put everything away and the sky clears again, repeat above.

I didnt get a good look at moon so not yet able to assess my new Skywatcher refractor, roll on the summer.:D

Duns even if you were home at Wetherby it is still pants weather tonight :D

I blame "me" for drilling holes in my shed for astronomy cables and reformatting laptop hard drive and re'installing all the astronomy software.

Sorry guys n gals, I should have waited till more of us had returned to work !

Best wishes,

Steve

ps wish santa had not brought me a computerised weather station now - all I see above my monitor is a console telling me doom & gloom

I finally got a brief look at the moon this evening with my skywatcher reflector that i got for christmas was impressed with what i saw, but have to look after my 6 month old boy whilst my girl friends at work lol.

Still blowing a gale here on the West Coast of Scotland - doubt even if I get a period of clear sky it will be any good for viewing :D

mull of galloway, not far from my cousin. she's near stranrear, just up the coast from portpatrick i think. its always howling up there.

I have not had good seeing conditions down here in Kent for 2 weeks, yesterday the sky cleared up nicely and I had a lovely naked eye views of Jupiter and Venus, (never seen Venus with my scope yet) anyway by the time I got home from work, alas in came the clouds, boo hoo, my own fault for buying a new eyepiece 2 weeks ago. Good luck all.

Archived