Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at Processing with Registax, Lunar photos

Rocksnipem

Hi Stargazers,

After everyone has been mentioning to me about Registax and stacking images to process them in better detail, I decided to take a leap and give it a shot.

The first shot is the before photo, a single frame from the AVI file, and the next is 50 frames out of the AVI file stacked and processed. I think I went a little overboard on the wavelets with denoising and sharpening but I will get better.

Thanks for the advice!

Rock

post-29265-133877701751_thumb.jpg

post-29265-133877701757_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks for the kind replies Bizi & DRG - at first registax was a little intimidating but once I got the basics down after watching the tutorial another Stargazer sent me the link to, it really was not too bad.

Thanks for looking!

Hmm Bish, I recommend search Youtube for the Registax tutorials and start there. That is what helped me the most. I still am learning and don't know it good enough to give advice. But I would def say check out the vids on youtube.

Goodluck!

My first attempts with Registax were total rubbish!! Now I've got a decent set up I shall be trying again. That's a good result with a great improvement in detail and contrast - well done :)

Archived