NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ep for a 200p s/w

chunky

hello after trying to sell my s/w ive decided to keep it. and have a budget of 120 for a couple of eps can u recommend. i want a decent one for planteay viewing and a decent one for deep sky viewing.

any links would be great

chunky

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chunky, a good 32mm plossl will work well in the 200P, perhaps Sky Watcher, though I like the Celestron, here's the SW link:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-eyepieces/skywatcher-sp-plossl-eyepieces.html

In a shorter focal ratio I would go for a BST Explorer at 8mm, link:

1.25" Eyepieces

That's my thoughts anyway as a 200P user.

thanks alot guys i thinking i will order these. will i see noticable difference in jupiter from my standard 10mm.

would also like to know of a got barlow to get to maybe go with the 8 mm bst, so any links for that wouldbe great

I used to have a 32mm SkyWatcher Panavision which was very good in my 200p, that's one i'd recommend!

I'd give Alan at Sky's The limit' a ring yes, as I believe he does this when he reaches his VAT threshold for the month!! nice to know he's doing quite well!

Doc

have you got a link for them mate? is sky the limit ebay shop good to use?

If you mean the Baader GO's then Skys the Limit don't do them - they do mostly unbranded stuff. First Light Optics do them though:

First Light Optics - Baader Genuine Orthoscopic

If it's the BST Explorers you are interested in then here is the Sky's the Limit web site:

Sky's the Limit

Don't worry. If all you are comparing too is the standard SW EPs, you'll notice alright.

I've got one of the Sky's the Limit TMB 'designed' 8mm EPs and it is so far removed from the SW Super 10mm, it's not just playing a different game. It's in another stadium.

Russell

You should see a noticeable difference under decent seeing conditions but it's not going to show you things that you can't see with the standard eyepiece of course - it just shows things more nicely.

would the Baader Genuine Ortho show me more things or be about the same as the bst exploer? this telescope hobby is a headavhe sometimes, so many options and lots of big bucks to be spent

The ortho will show finer detail on nights of excellent seeing. The BST are a nice eyepiece but the BGO will better it for planetary viewing. It's a compromise really, do you want outright performance or slightly less performance in favor of more comfort ? I personally am in the comfort camp, although i do miss my BGO's on occasion when the seeing is really good.

Hi Chunky, it's all a matter of personal choice, I have not tried the BGO's in a fast scope, by all accounts they are said to be good, however, the BST's are the comfortable choice and I prefer comfort and good eye relief, as I said, it's down to personal viewing preferences really, good luck with your choice, will be better than the standard ep's, as has already been mentioned.

Hi Chunky, I ordered an 18mm BST yesterday from the eBay shop too and apparently was despatched straight away, should arrive today. Cant beat that for fast. I was bidding on an 8mm that was returned by a customer, never won it, but think it went for £31 in the end. Let us know how you get on with the 8mm, thats what im looking at next, possibly. Good luck.

Hi Chunky, I ordered an 18mm BST yesterday from the eBay shop too and apparently was despatched straight away, should arrive today. Cant beat that for fast. I was bidding on an 8mm that was returned by a customer, never won it, but think it went for £31 in the end. Let us know how you get on with the 8mm, thats what im looking at next, possibly. Good luck.

You should do - I pushed the button on one, via EBay onSunday night and it arrived at 11am.:)

Russell

Archived