SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which Coma Corrector?

Earl

I only have experience of the Baader version and it works very well indeed but on my older version 250 with the R & P focuser, I had to fabricate my own adapter to achieve sufficient inwards focus travel. A more modern lower profile focuser may be fine though.

I have both the SW Coma Corrector and the Baader one. I haven't done a scientific test, but they seem pretty identical in performance to me.

There is a reason I have both. I originally had the SW one, but was having issues with image distortion with my new SXVF-H9 which I put down to the coma corrector. So I bought the Baader one and found I was having exactly the same problem. I subsequently found that it was all due to focuser sag, and there was nothing wrong with the SW one!

Now that I have two, I use the SW one for DSLR imaging, and the Baader one with my CCD.

I used the Baader with my SW 250mm.

Rather than use it at a general setting, I got the right sized extention tubes to fit it directly to my main eyepiece (22mm T4 Nagler). Here's a good resource for all the different settings:- MPCC

Thanks for this, a very useful link.

Archived