Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

If I wasn't a grown-up, I'd say it wasn't fair!

Bart

Twice this week, we've had lovely black skies before the moon rose, set up the scope to cool down. Went inside peeked out a couple of times, everything going according to plan. Within about 10 mins of going out each time, the unmentionables appeared...for good. I feel like having a tantrum but

A. I'd look a right fool

B. I do realise no-one is taking any notice....

Bart

dont get me started pal, i took nine days off work and was plagued by cloud the whole time, second day back on the job tonight and its clear as a bell. To use a facebook term... pfft!

That is bad alright.......enough to generate deep down dark simmering resentment...........ok, deep breath, and another!

Got back from work at 9pm, had some food, put the rubbish out, popped outside with scope for two hours, bagged some Messiers. Lovely clear night and very productive! (Where's my smiley with the tongue poking out gone? :)

Same here.

Last night I attended the very first committee meeting of the Ancrum Astronomy Club.

The night sky was crystal clear.

Great first meeting and drove home to be greeted by....yep a big blanket of cloud (and I only live 20 minutes drive away)

Needless to say I blame the Chairman .. Peter ("blackheart" on this forum)

Neil

Hopefully that was with your dob Bart and you didn't lose too much time setting up?

It takes me about 45 mins to set up for imaging (no obsy alas) and it is very annoying when the clouds come in as soon as the gear is ready to rock and roll!

Anyway, I think you should have a jolly good moan and see if that changes your luck!

Got back from work at 9pm, had some food, put the rubbish out, popped outside with scope for two hours, bagged some Messiers. Lovely clear night and very productive! (Where's my smiley with the tongue poking out gone? :)

Thats Great! You lucky sucker! ........he said through gritted teeth..:)

Yes Luke, it was the Dob, it wasnt so much the lost time, its the dissapointment. Oh well. I think you're right though, a good moan will make me feel a little better. Serves me right though, taking up Astronomy in Ireland, mind you, sounds like a lot of you lads aren't faring much better.

Archived