Just plain weird

Manok101

So my house is an eastern facing house. This house I'm currently staying is faces southish. Which basically means I get to see constellations I never see at home :). So my question is why is it so weird getting used to the position of the stars. Do any of you find a hard time getting used to the stars being in a different location when you travel? Oh I still recognize the constellations. It just takes a few minutes re learning that there's no darn giant pine in the way of Auriga.

Surely it's the Oz sky that's upside down :)

Well through a telescope it would be the right way up and our would be upside down, although through binoculars it would be the other way around. And being the other way around means that upside down is right way up and right way up is upside down. :)

I am confusing myself now. Just going for a lie down, or is that a lie up? Help!!!!

:)

:cool:

Well through a telescope it would be the right way up and our would be upside down, although through binoculars it would be the other way around. And being the other way around means that upside down is right way up and right way up is upside down. :)

I am confusing myself now. Just going for a lie down, or is that a lie up? Help!!!!

:cool:

:)

Stop it, you're making my head hurt :)

After working out what I'm looking at, ("Hmm, Cass is there, Pegasus is there so that must be.....") I will look down to check something and lose my bearings completely.

Happens every night for the first 30 minutes.

Am I missing something here? Or has the Earth stopped orbiting the Sun? :):)

Reminds me a bit of that hoary old joke:

Old lady embarks on cruise ship. Just as ship is steaming out of harbour, she goes to purser. "Excuse me, I've lost my cabin key". "No problem, Madam. Can you tell me what your cabin number is?" "Ooohhh - I forgot, but I'll remember it when I see it because there was a lighthouse just outside the window"...

Archived