Bumbling around in the dark!

Scaryshaun

Hi,

I'm Shaun from Northumberland, just joined your group and I'm hoping you lot are a friendly bunch coz I need advice! lots of advice!! At the moment I’m without a scope, that’s the first bit of advice I need, what to get next? :) Off for a look around your site, catch you later.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shaun and welcome to SGL :)

I'd suggest the first thing you do is set a budget - then have a look at several different types of scopes and how they work - then see if you can match the budget to scopes offered on Astronomy Sales sites.

Then the important bit - ask questions here in the Help Sections about the scopes you've seen - there's a lot to take in before actually buying - it's like getting a hifi or a car lol :)

Hi Mr Brantuk you might be the person I’m looking for. I want to get more into astrophotography, I’ve tried it with my Meade and had a few good ish photos. I have just sold my Meade and have been looking at a Celestron CGEM 1100. The write up in Sky at Night gives it a 94% overall score but I would rather talk to someone like you who been there and done it. Will this scope do what I need it to do – All Star Polar alignment for easier set up, Equatorial Mount for long exposures, 11’’ mirror because I’m used to a 10’’ and don’t really want anything smaller. Or is there something you would recommend?

Archived