A Chrallenge for you...

jamespels

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You choose one of the four possible answers at random:

The chance of being correct is 25%

But there are two possible answers which are 25%

So the chance of being correct is now 50%, which is another possible answer.

The chance of this being correct is 25%.....but there are two possible answers which are 25%...........................here we go again

Don't you just hate it when Science turns something on its head :D

Chicken-and-Egg Mystery Finally Cracked | Fox News

Oh well, back to the current problem at hand ........

..which arrived first the photon or the neutrino.......:)

Hmm!!! That only holds true if the almost-chicken didn't have the same protein! It's a bit like saying "things that lay eggs came before eggs" - while true, this does not apply exclusively to chcikens and so doesn't prove anything.

Can I just say I was looking at some eggs in a nest a while ago using my scope (that's when I happened to motice the blackboard in the picture above!) just to keep this vaguely astro related?!

But 0% isn't a possible answer so that can't be correct..........do we need to settle on indeterminate?

I think this depends on how you choose to read the question - there are definitely two interpretations. Maybe we should open this up to comments on the grammar, too? :D

Hmm!!! That only holds true if the almost-chicken didn't have the same protein! It's a bit like saying "things that lay eggs came before eggs" - while true, this does not apply exclusively to chcikens and so doesn't prove anything.

Damn - got me. Fox News so it has less chance of being correct than C does in the original question!

Damn - got me. Fox News so it has less chance of being correct than C does in the original question!

Hang on <60% wasn't a potential answer in the first place.

Do you have some other possible answers you didn't tell us about in the original question?

I'll go with no chance of being correct as there isn't a question to answer, or am I just trying to be too clever and coming up blonde?:D
This would be my answer as well

Same for

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-

SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-

IC STUDY COMBINED WITH

THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count the F's in that sentence.

There are no "F's" in the sentence, but others might say 6 if they are intelligent :)

If on eof the two 25%s is wrong, the question is answerable as the remaining 25% option. It's quiote interesting what happens if C becomes "0%" :D

I'm still stuck in my 25% : 50% : 25% endless loop and can't drop out of it to achieve 0%. Can't we make 0%=indeterminate instead and retire for a brew?

And an Anadin Extra

Chickens obviously evolved from Pterodactyls - so the first egg was nothing to do with a chicken lol :D
No. Birds are currently believed to have evolved from theropod dinosaurs, i.e. the order of bipedal terrestrial dinosaurs which includes T rex. Pterodactyls were a completely separate branch of reptiles and are believed to have no living descendants. But the argument still holds good because theropods laid eggs.

I suppose the chicken-v-egg argument would make more sense if it were more precisely formulated, i.e.

"Which came first, the chicken or the chicken's egg?"

Lol

My 1st thought was 50%....as there are 2x 25%....making it more likely I will choose 25%....but then there are 2 other option....so in effect making it 33.33**....but then again....:D

I'll take that tablet now cheers Studdedsole, with a large side order of vodka!! :):o

If in doubt choose 'C' :o

Do not ask me to explain, as I can't! :D But, that was always said to me during my RAF Techie training when we had multiple choice question papers! :)

I did pass, most of them too!

Doc

Thank goodness you weren't with bomb disposal then......cut the red, no the black, no the yellow, oh sod it go for the green :p

Suppose there is a actual question to answer at all (there is none actually formulated), with A and D being the same, there are in fact three possible answers, so the odds should be 33.33%, never mind what is the actual answer. But is there a question at all? That is a confusing one :D

Archived