Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'd like to observe but...

Klesk14

... It has been almost 3 weeks of clouds with not a single break of clear skies. The forecast for the up coming week doesn't look promising at all either.

This is so depressing.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

Oh, I see that you are north of me, and not over on the other side of the pond.

We have had the same situation here on the E. coast of the U.S. ALL SUMMER LONG ! It is quite discouraging, to say the least. But the change of the season has at least brought a few breaks in the clouds. Last night, our club got together at one of the member's country club, and had a pizza party and viewing session. It was a great success, and wonderful viewing opportunity !

Hang in there, better nights are bound to be coming !

Jim S.

... It has been almost 3 weeks of clouds with not a single break of clear skies. The forecast for the up coming week doesn't look promising at all either.

This is so depressing.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

In a word, yes. I got my 17mm Ethos two weeks ago, it's been pretty much constant cloud cover ever since.

I find myself doing more solar observing due to iffy weather. I nice white light filter, or better still, and H-alpha filter cures the astronomy fix sometimes. Also, if its clear at all in the daytime, its fun to hunt for planets if they aren't too close to the sun. People are impressed to see how nice Venus, and to a lesser degree, saturn looks in broad daylight.

...Ralph

I also tend to use smaller scopes that fit on my smaller mount, like my GP-DX mount, to get in some night time observing when I only could have a few hrs to view before clouds roll in. Any observing is better than TV.

...Ralph

That's the explanation then, it's just the new kit effect :)

Depressing isn't it :o

Pretty depressing, yes. Haven't even managed to try out the damn thing yet.. Good thing I haven't bough the new mount yet, we'd probably get hit by an asteroid or something :D

Pretty poor here as well, I take full responsability. I bought a new scope 2 weeks ago. I had 2 night great viewing then BOOM complete cloud cover. I thought that i had a breakthrough last night, got everything set up, waited then wondered what the noise was............ turned out to be rain bouncing off the conservatory roof !!! quick dash outside just in time. Phew.

Archived