Just saw something

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw them a couple of weeks ago (last chance I had to observe). Very strange that they seemed to be on the same trajectory a short distance apart. Stellarium didn't show any satellites that matched the position or time. I suspect it's space junk.

At first i thought WTF canis minor doing over there then i said to wifey ive never seen them before blumming hell there moving arent they. I would like to think they were satelites but they were far to bright personally. They looked like they had to big of a surface area for the light to be that bright if that makes sense. I have seen satellites before and these seem to travel slower i know what ppl will say well if the sun hits them at the right angle they can look bigger etc... and because they are far away they will look like they are travel slower due to the distance they are away its to do with the eyes blah blah blah . These just seemed different im not saying they are UFOs not that they dont exist thats just impossible cause they do but it was something. Even my missus said for me to come on here and find out if were seeing things

do they ever travel in groups of 10-20??? i saw something when i waas 18 (1998) that has messed with my head ever since. it was a small cluster of what looked like stars moving the speed of a high up plane. I didnt know anything about sattelites back then so was a little freaked out, to this day i still cant explain it....weird

Was there action in Iraq at the time?

I recall seeing a VERY high flying formation of what I assumed to be US bombers... I presume that they had their navigation lights off and I was seeing sunlight or moonlight reflecting off them.

Ok seems that this was well seen by a few people...

As I saw this on the 3rd Oct and has since been seen at a later date and with the trajectory being the same - it only points to satellites

Yer seeing these is a bit strange and no its not flares - but equally can't be UFO's as doubt they would sit there in same orbit :D Also I have ruled out space debris due to brightness the length of continued brightness...as i followed them across the sky.

So only logical explanation is that they are Satellites that may be unclassified - spy satellites which explains the difficulty in finding info on these objects.

redfox1971 mentioned grail, and there is also the Earth equivalent, grace 1 and 2. These fly a set distance apart doing gravity mapping. They are not listed on heavens above, but you can track them on LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS it doesn't go back, so can't check if they were flying over when you all had these sightings, but if you see them again you could check.

Was there action in Iraq at the time?

I recall seeing a VERY high flying formation of what I assumed to be US bombers... I presume that they had their navigation lights off and I was seeing sunlight or moonlight reflecting off them.

not sure but these things were very high up, they looked like stars or satellites

i have just seen a realy nice meteor above my house going west to east below andromida as a plane passed above there was a nice trail with loads of what i would describe as sparks it lasted about 4 seconds anyone else see it 20.58?

i have just seen a realy nice meteor above my house going west to east below andromida as a plane passed above there was a nice trail with loads of what i would describe as sparks it lasted about 4 seconds anyone else see it 20.58?

ooooohh yes. twas amazing, never seen one so big and last as long as it did.

ive seen tens of tiny (shooters) since starting to stare up about 8 months ago, but nothing like that :D

No i came in about 20 mins before i did see two objects pass each other about 7:30 they were sats. Then i waited out to about 7:53 to see if i would see them 2 objects again but wouldnt you guess it cloud again blumming typical see what happens tomorrow night. Someone put a link on this thread to ufo sightings and the one in stevenage looked alot like the ones i saw last night but with only two objects and not four.

Archived