Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Oct 15th DFK & Auto Dob 250

Space Cowboy

Both good data, but the bottom has the right luminence, i assume from lower FL and better histogram. yep the bottom one Stuart, thats the one so far

Thanks Neil. Same FL on both but top image has different wavelets (maybe too much) and has not responded as well to level increases.

Bottom image is a stack of 4800. Will run this one through ninox, definitely looks like the pick of the litter! :D

BTW I used default gamma of 100 on these which has made a big difference (maybe why contrast is less). Think I went too low on gamma after getting the onion ring problem when gamma was 94 but for some reason at 100 there are no rings?

Thanks Neil. Same FL on both but top image has different wavelets (maybe too much) and has not responded as well to level increases.

Bottom image is a stack of 4800. Will run this one through ninox, definitely looks like the pick of the litter! :D

BTW I used default gamma of 100 on these which has made a big difference (maybe why contrast is less). Think I went too low on gamma after getting the onion ring problem when gamma was 94 but for some reason at 100 there are no rings?

Raising gamma causes onion skin, i didnt know dropping it could, Anyway jupiter is a weird one it doesnt like messing with gamma is what ive found, though i think some do. Ah ok you must have increased level more, i thought it looked much stronger levels. which as you know can come from lower FL. you did well you got some good ones to play with for a while. Mine are not spectacular ( still looking) but for some reason not as tight as the second oct. I think the cold shock problem around here was causing the jitters. ill post up at some point. Looks to me like you had more 6 out of 10 than 4. if you had 4. cant imagine what you would get at 9 out of 10. If im wrong your going to do a lot better than this if seeing improves. i was at about 5 or 6 here i think last night. Oct second i would rate at 8 out of 10

Archived