Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dark Sky Beer Festival

laser_jock99

I've been a regular visitor to Langdale for over thirty years now but further up the valley at the National Trust campsite. In fact this is the place that sparked my interest in the night sky and I can honestly say it is a fantastic location although I can't comment on the hotel. The Langdale valley has mountains to all sides so it really is dark and offers superb night views. Oh and if you fancy camping the site itself is dark and the pub which is only 5 minutes walk from the site is rustic perfection!! The Old Dungeon Ghyll has been my favorite pub since my first visit.

Enjoy

Dave

Sounds excellent, but dangerous (for the scopes).

I would take a cheapo pair of bins ;)

I have tried using a telescope after a good few ales and just doesn't work for me. You remember squinting at your loose change with one eye at the end of a night out, trying to work out if you have enough money for a taxi and taking 15 minutes to establish that you only have 85p?

Well, it's like that. Except you're tinkering with your expensive pride and joy. :D

I have visions of half cut astronomers looking through the wrong end of the telescopes ... :D

Now that would be interesting to see I don't think I would be able to look in my scope for laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived