CJBooth

Thank you all for the welcomes. :)

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Where in Nottingham are you?

I am based in Hucknall.

Best regards

John

I'm in Awsworth. From Hucknall, head to Ikea and proceed straight across the A610 towards Ilkeston. I'm there. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all (again) for the welcomes! I can't keep up. :rolleyes:

Take your time in selecting your scope, go to a an open evening at your local Astro society if you can and ask plenty of questions.

I will. I also do photography as an aside and have learned the hard way that impulsive and expensive purchases do not grant success.

Luckily, I discovered today that a work colleague is a Doctor of Astronomy, so imagine my joy when I was able to ask him about different equipment and such. That said, there's nothing like trying these things out. ;)

Hi Craig,

I took up astronomy about 2 years ago & started with a modest cheap scope & read a lot!, & have now upgraded. Having been through the newbie experience, you are right, there is a lot of choice out there & it can be bewildering. I might not have all the answers but I can share some of the decisons I made, with you, if it helps :rolleyes:

Hi Craig and welcome :rolleyes:

There is a huge range of scopes available and it is very confusing. I joined this forum a year ago and got so confused over what I wanted I gave up, but now I'm back.

So I guess my one piece of advice to you would be to persevere.

Archived