NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aurora Kelling Star Party

Here is a shot I took at the Kelling Star Party on the 26/09/11 at 22.30 bst

Equipment was my Nikon D200 / Nikon Lens 24-85

Setimgs F/2.8 Iso 800 exposure 30 sec lens 24mm

The image has been edited in photoshop by removing unwanted data in levels and a small curve adjust to darken sky.

post-24746-133877671163_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your great comments,and thank you Dave for telling me about the site.

Yes it was a great end to the camp, it was my first Aurora event always wanted to see one.

Could not believe the result when the first exposure finished and I saw it on the screen.

We ended up watching and taking photos for about an hour.

Thank you for your great comments,and thank you Dave for telling me about the site.

Yes it was a great end to the camp, it was my first Aurora event always wanted to see one.

Could not believe the result when the first exposure finished and I saw it on the screen.

We ended up watching and taking photos for about an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that image. I was there and saw a bit of the aurora, but did not see Red, but I guess this being a 30sec exposure it is going to pick up more than the naked eye. My imaging subs that I was taking came out very red though, but the camera was in the back of the telelscope doing 5min subs, so no detail of the aurora came out.

Definitely saw that turquoise glow on the horizon though and some white beams.

Carole

Excellent, thanks for posting this.

Mind you it only serves to rub salt in the wound. I was at Kelling that night, and for probably the first time ever my Mrs sat out with me and the binoculars and we sat touring the southern skies. All the while THAT was going on in the north ;)

Was absolutely gutted to find out the following morning we had missed it completely.

Welcome to SGL btw :D

Tim

Archived