Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

18th September Jupiter

MisterT

Finally got to process some avi's from the 18th. Seeing was not great and this is the best of the bunch with Europa coming out from behind.

Not happy with the colour balance on this one, if anyone has any tips on setting balance in IC capture i would be happy to hear.

Dbk 21 and 8" sct.

Martin

post-22618-133877663572_thumb.jpg

I balance the the colours durig capture (using wxAstrocapture) in such a way that each separate channel is close to maximum, but does not go into clipping. Though this does not necessarily provide the ideal colour balance, but the signal to noise in each channel is optimized, and you can correct by simple rescaling of each channel later. Colour balance is always a bit of a matter of taste.

Looking at my image again the colour is not too bad. It was very red during capture and had to play around more than i would have liked to in ps to rescue it.

Thanks for the info michael i will have to pay more attention to the histogram. I tend to adjust colour by looking at my lappy screen, but with failing eyesight and the differences between pc screens this is probably not a good idea.

Martin

Archived