Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Worst M101 + supernova yet!!

rocketandroll

Yep, after finally getting the Synguider to at least pretend it was guiding, I pointed the Meg72 at M101 last night and managed a staggering 2 X 4 minute subs that were useable.

In almost full moonlight and with hazy skies it is understandably pretty dire, in fact, I'd go as far as challenging anyone to come up with a worse image of this subject :-)

That said, it's clearly there, so I at can at least say I caught it :-)

This is cropped to about 40% of the full image.

Ben

post-23494-133877660875_thumb.jpg

Actually I really like this because it gives me an idea of what to expect visually, and in particular how much the supernova stands out.

Forecasts look good for some gaps in the cloud tonight so fingers crossed for my first look!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Actually I really like this because it gives me an idea of what to expect visually, and in particular how much the supernova stands out...

That was precisely the comment I was about to post. It's better than a good image - it's a USEFUL image, for someone trying to locate the SN. Closer crop M101 shots wouldn't do that.

Good job. :)

Archived