Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LPF for DSLR Prime Focus Imaging

Astrosurf

I am not sure how good the SW LP filters are, but I think they may be intended more for visual use. I believe 2 inch filters can be placed in the T-adaptor.

Many people think that the best results are archived with an Astronomik ESO filter clip.

Astronomik filters @ Modern Astronomy

If your DSLR has been moded, you need the CCD version.

I use one, and they work very well but at £128 are much more expensive.

It'll work pretty well... I use the 2" fit variant on slower optics, most of my DSO images are shot with it. It's not as good as a CLS, and I use a CLS Clip on faster optics. I guess a lot will depend on your LP situation. Still, it's cheap and works. If you have a 50mm prime lens (like the f/1.8) you can fit the 2" filter, with a step ring, onto your lens too.

Actually, I'm glad I got through to FLO as, with this filter, you need a nosepiece to attach to my SW 200P EP holder and it forces the camera too far back so it won't focus. Can't use the filter I'm afraid. :)

Will have to go for the expensive clip-in.

Archived