Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CG5 GT Mount ( EQ north/EQ south

Was looking through the manual today and noticed a section explaining the handset control features. In the tracking section, there are 3 options, tracking off, tracking eq north and eq south, if this mount is being used in the UK, should this be set to eq north. Didn't really understand the explanation, doe's anybody know any more on this subject.

Many thanks

Hope your still around Kim, Daniel has reset the mount to factory settings, not happy, any way, the other issue is I am trying to enter my long/lat into the time site, having a bit of a problem with that one, the first is, longitude, the hand set has 001'55'00 for west or east, 52'25'00 north, these are the settings i believe for Birmingham, mine however for here are 52.3112°N 1.9677°W. How do I enter these into the hand controller?

Cheers

I'm off the stick now thanks mate - standing up and moving around ok - just trying to remember to be very careful not to overcook it in any direction lol. Thanks for asking :)

Yes - it's different to the NEQ6 - I'm going the opposite direction to yourself - from CG5GT to NEQ6 lol. But you'll find the CG5GT has a lot more functionality once you get used to it :D

Daniel is liking it anyway, hopefully we will be both out very soon, him using the Cg5 and me on the NEQ6 !! Weather depending!!!

Just doing plans at the moment to build my obsy, it's getting to be a bit of a pain keep carrying the equipment in and out when its clear, the shed arrived this morning so am now looking into ways to modify the roof!!! The pier is built for my NEQ6, and I have installed a power source where the obsy will be located, so moving forward, just want to get it all set ready for winter !!

Archived