NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter - August 11, 2011 - 14:23:45 UTC IR cap

frewi808

This is what is so usefull about IR under conditions that would be a waste of time, a useful image can be produced. Those moon shadows look inky black with this sensor. what setting gamma do you use Freddy, i assume default, which on my older IC capture is 10. on this software i think it said 100, any ideas

Hi Neil,

Well this is the first time that I got to work with a DMK mono camera, I have to do a lot of experimenting also Neil, the Gamma is default 100, I never touch that, even with the DFK color it's set ay 100. Now I image with 30 and 60 fps and adjust the gain according the histogram, but I do take a lot of Avi's all the time, and it takes a whole day to 'play' with them... So i'm still in the learning stage...

Freddy

Hi Freddy thought you might like to know a fix of the 1/76th secs only exposure for 60 fps has been found. It appears you can type 61 secs exposure, it then forces the camera to run at or near 60 fps. Might not be as important for you with such large optics im not sure. but for others like me, and space cowboy ( who discovered this fix) it may turn out to be very important. I know you go on CN please spread the word. the evidence for this finding can be found, on sponsor announcements and offers. hope you find this interesting

Looking at the images i belive it might be worth typing 61 secs exposure Freddy. you will lose a tiny bit of shutter speed of course compared to 1/76th. but you will gain just that little extra light enabling you to either drop the gain further. or have a slightly stronger histogram, Not these shots, but on your other page it looks like 1/61th might benefit, all information for us l to use. it might turn out with your large optics 1/76th is actually better. but def worth experimenting

Ok Neil, I tried it out and changed it manually to 1/61 an it says 37fps and then it jumped to 60fps, and indeed I got 11000 frames in 180s. Works real well !Thanks Guys, now waiting for clear skies !!!

Archived