Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first collimation...45 minutes!!

OMG ! after 2 trips to canadian tire(local home hardware store), ending up with proper screwdrivers, and after several youtube videos on collimation....i spent almost 45 minutes to collimate my 10''. you're kidding me? wow, i wasnt aware that the first time could be such a big challenge. but, i am proud of myslef, looking through collimation item everything llooks so fine ! cant wait to use my scope tonight on the moon !

Well at least now you know what to do:). The next time you will be very quick. I now jump straight to star testing for collimation and it only takes about 1-2 minutes if at all.:smiley:

I too have done my first collimation on 10" Quattro. 45 mins is about right for first time. I later checked and adjusted during a viewing session and it does only take a couple of mins when you know what you are looking for.

I havent done a proper star test as seeing was not good enough, ALSO, I do not have a high enough mag. eyepiece.

Jupiter looked good so guess collimation is ok.

hi there ,that must be a record it took me about 2 days of attempts and a fair but of coffee and a few headache tablets to get mine done but now i like to check it most times i move it now as its a bit of a carry to the obs most nights

Archived