Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I have astronomy back!

Hi all,

For those of you who many have seen my ranting posts a few months ago you will know the story if not let me summarise it.

I moved into my first house from a rented place. The rented house had an awesomely dark garden. The new house has a white glow light 20 feet behind that shine without a shield into my garden, booo!

After months of recovering fiancially I manage to get the rotting fence panels replaced on Friday and with the aid of my father (gawd bless ya) turned of of the none rotten panels into a shield that can slot above the fence and block out the street light in a small area of my garden (now dubbed ASTROZONE!)

Without the shield I could make out the plough but struggled to positively identify any other constellation.

On Friday night I put my shield in place and tested out my new home made setting circle. The setting circle is naff though because my maths caused me to spend 2 hours and then find out I had a gap in the circle (dam!) I ran with it though as I figured it could only end up being a few degrees out.

OMG! I was working out stellations all over the shot! My setting circle helped me on my way to finding M15, M13 and M57! I was soooo happy.

It's nothing light my old place and I will be intending of going out to some dark sites, but it still means I have backgarden astronomy back!

Free hugs for everyone!

Neil

From the title of this thread I thought an "Astronomy back" was going to be a medical condition caused by either:

1/ Bending over to look in the eyepiece or.

2/ an extra heavy scope that you had to haul out each night.

;):iamwithstupid:

From the title of this thread I thought an "Astronomy back" was going to be a medical condition caused by either:

1/ Bending over to look in the eyepiece or.

2/ an extra heavy scope that you had to haul out each night.

:):iamwithstupid:

Astronomy back and aperture fever: the perennial dangers of astronomy :D:D

Archived