Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Out imaging still... Anyone else still up enjoying the clear skies?

rocketandroll

Wow, what a night!!

I've not been out for almost two months, but tonight's been worth the wait.

I've shot nearly two hours of data on M31 through the 200mm lens which looks looooovely :-)

Also saw Jupiter for the first time through my ED80 whilst the camera was snapping away. Cloud bands, four moons and all... Which was more than I was expecting through an 80mm scope!

Tonight is the first night ever I can see the Milkyway from my horribly light pouted site.

I'm just running some darks now... then off home to bed a very happy bunny.

Anyone else got these unusually clear skies?

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hi all (or anyone who's still out there?!), Newbie here!

Only been stargazing for the last month or so, and I've just seen Jupiter for the first time through a telescope!! What a moment that was, just surreal! Saw 4 moons and some cloud belts - I'm using a 1996 TAL 1 with a 3x Barlow & 15mm Kellner. Does anyone know if there's a satelite flight path just in front of Jupiter at about this time? It's just that when I first saw it (with a 25mm Plossl & no Barlow) a white continuous light arced quickly through my FOV - it wasn't a plane & I don't think it was a meteorite, not that I could tell at the moment anyway! LOL!

So, that's now another amazing sight I can add to the first time I saw Saturn. I haven't even tried any DSO's yet!

Great to have clear skies, I'm still up! Just taken flats and I'm now stacking 3 hours of data :)

Hi, welcome to SGL paf! Seeing Jupiter for the first time really is amazing. That does sound like a satellite, there's a lot of them up there! Heavens-Above Home Page can tell you where the brightest ones will be.

Just come inside. M31, Pleiadies, Jupiter and Mizar - small potatoes really :)

Quite a few meteorites about tonight.

Uploaded the data, but it'll have to wait for later - off to bed.

First light with my Ikahrus 102mm f7 APO and a Hyperion 17mm - boy what a NICE EP!

Cheers,

Tony

Just packed up! Data copying over to PC, processing can wait till later. Not sure about the last hour of data as dew shield couldn't protect from the extreme dew conds. Dew heater strip next on the FLO list :-)

Cuppa and bed......until kids wake up......

Had 2 sorties last night, 10.45 - 12.45, Saw M31 my first galaxy!(and M32!) But really enjoyed M27 (Dumbell) !

Then up at 2.45 - 3.30 this morning but used my MAK127 out of the conservatory door (East facing!) brilliant!! 3 moons cloud belts the lot! But doesn't it move quickly across the sky?! Most enjoyable night since I started in late May!

Essex was great too. After almost 2 months of bad weather(on my nights off) What a fantastic Night, when I realised I could actually see the milky way I just sat back and tried to comprehend what I was looking at. Saw the best shooting star ever and then found Jupiter just over the hedge. I was sooo excited (m31 was ok too)

I love this hobby

Archived