NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tonights moon

Kaptain Klevtsov

Hi CC,

Love i! You know when you take time to think about what wer'e actually doing its quite staggering isn't it? think back to the pictures you saw as a boy , THEY came from the top observatories, and now here WE/YOU are producing stuff like this! it has cost us time, money, and sometimes heartache, but staggering none the less, Well Done.

Cheers Frank

Phil, it's the 16HR at prime focus on the 200mm Newt. with a Ha filter. The filter is supposed to help with the seeing as it only uses the red data which is less wobbly. Currently looking into having a bash with IR pass filters as they are supposed to be even better at dewobbling the sky.

2 frames stacked in Registax out of 35 taken. The frames differed so much that Registax refused to stack any more than that, so it might be better using a single one. Will investigate today.

Frank, I know what you mean. I've got some old books and the images are rubbish. They never used SC1 webcams or owt like that, just a 200" reflector on top of a mountain, and some bits of old window glass with stuff daubed on them.

Captain Chaos

Archived