SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Well that worked I think!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CC,

Great cobble work with all your subs....very nice Ha addition to the mix. Is there an enlongated reddish circle around the small swirl to the Right? Or is it my average quality monitor, fooling me?

I believe it's time for you remove the "Apprentice" Imager from your signature/comments and for Rog to add...."Accomplished Mentor" to his...Lol.

Wonderful job........You should be proud of this one.

Doug

2x binning should be ok CC i know a lot of the well known imagers use binning so dont reckon its that , depends sometimes on the quality of the sky , i know how it can effect the colour data, try again on another clear night , could be different altogether.

Rog

Had a look at the colour data and a lot of it is pants. Need some more clear sky as shooting through high strips of clouds isn't doing it. I might have a go with a better selection of the colour subs to see what happens.

WRT the Ha bit, I turned it red and stuck it in there. The result is not like I've seen on the web as the posh ones don't have (or don't seem to have) loads of red Ha in the cores. Any tips on layering the Ha in without having red cores?

I was well pleased with that as well!

Captain Chaos

to be honest i would not use the HA for Galaxies anyway , just the CLS and red green blue , depends on your quality of sky CC if its good then just do a clear lum , Ha works well on nebs as the lum ,and also the red, so then u can do HAgb, a matter of tryig these things really .

Rog

Another go at this one. It's starting to do my head in all this RGBargy stuff. No Ha this time as I'm convinced that slapping that on top messed up the colours big time. Redid the subs for red and green to get rid of the cloudy bits (which didn't even appear until I stretched them). Now I'm happier with it, I hope MB and Rog. like the colour this time, 'cos I don't intend painting it again! :) :) :):D

image.jpg

I've now got a hole in my hair where I've been pulling it out and scratching what's left, but it's good to learn stuff isn't it?

Captain Chaos

:) :lol:we not picking fault CC hehehe , its just how we see it and this is great cus we all see things different, the colour is more even now , colour is hard to get right , thats why i mainly stick to b/w . sometimes it works a treat for me , other times if the colour data is not right then u can spend hours mucking about , that to me then take the cream of the top and i start to get fed up . we are so unlucky in n this country not to be able to go and get clear skies all the time , so we can manage to formulate enough data for our images, DSO colour is not so hard to get anyway , it seems targets have been set on galaxies and anything different does not suit, so keep at it CC it will all click into place soon , and very soon as you seem to be progressing a very fast rate ,

throw me a line can u ehehehehehhe .

Rog

CC - sorry mate but your monitor isn't giving you enough contrast in the really dim stuff. There's a great smear of bacground light above the galaxy going all the way to the top of the screen

Here's a great link for adjusting your monitor - http://www.astropix.com/HTML/J_DIGIT/MON_STEP.HTM

I recognize the symptoms cos my old desktop monitor was just the same. It was hopeless for processing cos what looked great on there looked a complete dogs dinner anywhere else. I couldn't adjust it to get it right so bought a new one in the end.

Ha is definitely worth adding to galaxies Rog. There's lots of Ha regions in there. Here's how to do it CC. Process your ha image as for any other image. Finish your LRGB then paste the Ha on top. Select the Ha layer then go to channels. Select just the green and blue. In the tools palate make sure the background colour is set to black. Click on the image and select all by pressing ctrl A. Then press delete - it will go black. Now, in channels click on rgb. You will have a red image. Return to layers and select lighten as the blend mode. The red from the Ha will then only show up where it is stronger than the background colour. You can adjust to suit by playing around with layers and curves.

Archived