Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

davy999

Beautiful.

I have yet to see Andromeda thru the scope. I live in an upstairs flat, with balcony; the balcony serving as my observatory, so I only see the South sky.

Going to drag the scope out into the garden on the next clear night and see this beauty! (I know it won't be like the photo, but...what will it look like? thru a 200mm?)

Hi Neilius

I too am in an upstairs flat and I can see ENE - ESE, not a great field of view, thats why I spend every weekend at the Norman Lockyer Observatory, a whole sky to image.

I would imagine through your 200mm scope you will make it out quite clearly as a very large glowing area, not much detail but a definite elliptical glow.

crikey dave....you have had a busy weekend at the NLO!

Even busier doing the processing for these images, whilst I am not the best processor of images it still takes me ages to get this standard.

Very nice Davy... and very nice subtle processing...!

May I ask what exposures you used for this..? M31 ended up being my biggest unguided DSLR "project" last year and was what REALLY hooked me into imaging...

It's on my list for this year too, but I'm imagining that the exposures with the 314L will probably need to be fairly short(?)

Archived