Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it me or are the Met Office loseing it

geppetto

Forcast for my area has shown clear skies right through the night and they have

stuck to that throughout the days updates.

What's strange is that looking at their satellite images, a bank of cloud has been

steadily heading this way for most of the day.

For a third time running, there could never have been clear skies here

Needless to say it's wall to wall thick cloud again :) but a totaly clear forcast

from the Met Office and even Metcheck...

Very frustrating :?

Phil

It doesn't make sense as on the telly yesterday they said that although high pressure meant clear skies there is a cold front that has got stuck in the middle so there is a band of cloud across the UK.

So the Metoffice is saying 2 different things. :)

Nice and clear here...With a frost forcast..

Since the MET Office has been based in Exeter their performance has been erratic to say the least..

I find the Weather Channel more accurate.

I gave up using the forcast facilities months ago, time and time again it led to disappointment. I now rely on the, 'looking through the window' technique. I'm not as half as disappointed when theres cloud. :)

Caz

Since when have the weather men been able to predict the weather they struggle in predicting that night will follow day. personally i blame all these people buying new gear. So I must apologize for next weeks bad weather when I get my new eyepieces.

Darren

Packed it in now as the clouds have arrived just in time for bedtime. Managed to get some RGB frames for M81 and M82 between clouds (I think). It was a matter of clicking the guide button off when the guide star disappeared and back on again when it came back. I'm just glad that it's on the network so that I didn't have to stand in the cold too much. Tomorrow will tell me if there's enough in the RGB for a picture or not.

For the last half an hour I've been shooting M51 as the filter wheel got too close to the pier on M81&2, maybe something will be in there.

All in all an on and off night and the forecast is for more of the same. Hope it's right. :)

Captain Chaos

I just look towards the western sky at around 5pm and if I see a nice sunset as I have for the last two nights i know it is going to be clear. Plus richard angrim the points west weather man is an astronomer so he always seems to give pretty reasonable forecasts and shows astronomy pictures.

Archived