last nights efforts

shifter

The sky here last night was lovely which invoked the gremlin of negative luck...Firstly the guider refused to cooperate, then the scope took it into its own logic chip brain to do whatever it wanted to do and go whichever way it thought best to get to its destination even though it was a mere spit away from the object it decided to to go the oposite way grrrrrrrrr. So after many hours of faffing about I managed to get these two objects. The first is the ring nebula and the second is M13.......Brian

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep, sometimes is technology against us. But fortunately looking at the sky is not entirely depend on technology (go-to, motorized mount etc.)but mostly of self interests.

I'm glad that you can skip over difficulties.

Saso

Nice images Brian, glad you got it sorted eventually.

Your main problem seems to be that your sky is about three months fast. Ring Nebula? What time was that at?

Captain Chaos

Lol CC..... The time was 05:00 this morning (yawn). I noticed M57 was just in view for me so I had a crack at it......Nearly had a go at Jupiter as well but it was just behind an inconvienient tree, there was 5 moons visible in th ep too....damn it......Brian

It must have been a long night for you Brian, what with all the technical gremlins attacking you and the equipment.

However, your fortitude and stickability won through, and the reward was two great images. Plus a + to MB for the Glob. tweak.

Good stuff all round there, good teamwork.

Ron. :)

Thanks for sharing Brian. I am watching your posts with interest as I will be giving my own SN10 its first-light soon (waiting for a new focuser to arrive).

Thanks everyone for the comments folks.... I could do with a new focuser myself Steve, as you know the one that comes with the Sn10 is very rough and ready, not accurate enough for the fine tollerances that's needed for photography although saying that I'm using a Hartmann mask and its getting me close enough to being focused for now......If anyone is feeling generous, (and its my birthday soon) I wouldn't refuse the gift of a nice focuser Lmaooooo :)......Jus kidding.....Brian

Archived