NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunt LS80 comes tomorrow!!!

I can tell you can't wait to get your hands on the LS80. ;) Looks like a lovely bit of kit.

I should have the rest of the bits for my 102mm PST mod next week, so along with your new arrival that'll mean clouds until the August bank holiday. :D

John

So I thought.. sounds good, I'll have a look what one of those lunt ls80 looks like and at the top of the page on google was this thread of yours Rossco...;)

Yeah it made me laugh because it seems that SGL has the answer to every astronomy question and in truth it probably does...!

Looks like a fantastic piece of kit, hope you have many good hours with it.......

Great stuff Stuart. I'd love one.

I can't see it on Ian's site though.

Olly

I had to do some one to one dealing with Ian and he ordered it in for me. As I say it was ordered in early March and that's it just getting here...

LS80, Pressure Tuner, Feathertouch Focuser and B1800 blocking filter so it should be a good'un.

Cheers

Here are some teasers....

Full review to follow soon. Got caught up looking at some nice proms when I finally got it home after work. Was toiling a little with the surface detail but the sun is getting low and i'm new to this daylight astro lark LOL

post-16557-133877623017_thumb.jpg

post-16557-133877623025_thumb.jpg

post-16557-133877623033_thumb.jpg

post-16557-133877623043_thumb.jpg

It's going to be a good summer me thinks

Better resolution, brighter image and the ability to double stack with no loss of aperture and with the double stack also being pressure tunable!!!

I was initially looking at a 60 but then the 80 was released. I see there is now a full 60mm double stack for the 60 as well, that might have tempted me.

The B1800 filter should also help for imaging.

I have to say my first look through this last night took a bit to get used to and to fiddle with the tuner but once tuned for proms they were bright and clear and plentiful.

I would love to try a 3.7mm ethos in the scope though if anyone wants to provide one :-)

I've found that early morning is the best for seeing conditions to be stable. I have been able to get higher mags than 67x with my 60mm, with 83x being usable quite often.

I would LOVE that 80mm scope. Maybe one day...

Ant

Thanks to Dave Tyler I had a look through his 90mm double stacked coronado yesterday morning. Captured some images with his Flea3 as well as visual. The views were stunning...then the cloud came bubbling up:-)

Looking forward to reading your views on your new Lunt, Stuart.

Are you going to get the second etalon?

Glyn

Its going to waste in Glasgow (which I believe is Gaelic for" no-sun-grey-wet").

You really should send it here!! :)

I've had few goes with a friend's LS60.

Slendid!

I can only surmise what your 80 will be like.

Enjoy!

Archived