Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How?

Keano

Its only since getting my new scope a few weeeks ago that ive noticed how miserable the english weather is, ive had all of maybe 1h of stargazing in that time, and even that was spoiled by a ruddy big bush obscuring the moon, and then i lose saturn after 30secs (still a wow moment with saturn even if it was short). Just would like someone to reasure me that its not always goning to be this bad,pretty pointless having a scope that I cant use, off work for the next few days so was hoping tonight to stay up late and get a good few hours in, but no! its not to be! gods having a tinkle on me as I type. :mad:

;):angry5::D:angry5::):angry5::o

your not alone my friend, it is just as bad here on the west coast of ireland, but it isnt all bad we do get some nice clear spells now and then, but what i find is you deffinatly cant plan a session, you just have to jump at the chance when it comes along,

clear skies ;)

Starting out observing in the summer is tough as well. The light sky means less contrast on the faint fuzzies. You can't beat a crisp dark winter night for great observing.

Its not all bad though.

You can use the time to get familiar with all the scope controls, and use a program like stellarium to understand the sky more.

Then with the next clear night your better armed for the nights viewing.

Good point Earl_uk, I could do with a bit of education tbh, eq mount confused me no end at first, but im getting there with polar alignment,meridian flips etc,its all good fun really ;)

Good point Earl_uk, I could do with a bit of education tbh, eq mount confused me no end at first, but im getting there with polar alignment,meridian flips etc,its all good fun really ;)

Totally and the education never stops :D

Starting out observing in the summer is tough as well. The light sky means less contrast on the faint fuzzies. You can't beat a crisp dark winter night for great observing.

Yeah, but in winter you get snow, frost, and freeeeezing cold ;)

Remember, OP, astronomy is a marathon, not a sprint.

Yeah, but in winter you get snow, frost, and freeeeezing cold :D

Remember, OP, astronomy is a marathon, not a sprint.

I got frostbite in the toes on my left foot at SGL5. I consider it a worthy sacrifice ;)

You don't realise how bad our weather is until you get a telescope!!

I feel your pain, it gets frustrating at times! Then you get a lovely clear spell and see something mindblowing! I'm still dazed by seeing the galaxy cluster in Virgo months ago!

Archived