Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher graphics?

Veracocha

Buying the decals could be a bit of a problem but there is another way.

Camera + ink-jet printer and there you go. If your OTA isn't too scratched up so you can take a decent photo or perhaps get someone else to take a photo and email it to you.

http://artzi.co.uk/acatalog/sticker-paper.html

Might need a clear coat to protect the decal though.

John

Camera + ink-jet printer and there you go. If your OTA isn't too scratched up so you can take a decent photo or perhaps get someone else to take a photo and email it to you.

John

Super idea, I'm on it. Thanks.

Do you mean this one?

:)

That's the one.

John

Didn't know this sort of material was readily available. Looks excellent. Worth bookmarking for future use. Thanks John.

Anyone know where I can obtain Skywatcher Graphics? I'm about to respray a 250 newt and want to put graphics back as they are.

What colour are you respraying? If its "Skywatcher Blue" do you have the paint code?

Lorne, I hate to say this but the blue on Skywatcher's scopes varies between series (or sometimes even the scopes in the same series have different tint of blue!).

Some scopes are in more purple hue while others are more grey-blue and so on. Therefore it's very hard to know the exact color code of the paint.

Best thing is to take the scope to the place that sells touch up paints.

Lorne, I hate to say this but the blue on Skywatcher's scopes varies between series (or sometimes even the scopes in the same series have different tint of blue!).

Some scopes are in more purple hue while others are more grey-blue and so on. Therefore it's very hard to know the exact color code of the paint.

Best thing is to take the scope to the place that sells touch up paints.

Ive already tried this....... tho with my finderscope.... to Halfords - nothing close, and a local car body shop who could only guarantee a close match. Like the original poster, it may be a full respray a different colour, or I could opt for the carbon fibre vinyl look :)

Archived