Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Someone has been having a laugh

johnrt

..You mean to say that doesn't happen!? :)

I never said that! I always wear my tin foil hat and gas mask when there's an eclipse due.

Got my lucky otters paw in my pocket too.

The wikipedia page is unchanged - just the google synopsis :)
Not quite: simply that Google picked up an earlier version of the Wiki page which had been vandalised and then un-vandalised.

Ha! Good old Wiki vandals at it again! It's always possible to read the entire history of an article, if you're really that interested. Here is the 'funny' revision of that page:

Lunar eclipse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Point is - anyone can type in any old twaddle into a wiki page and usually it lasts only a few minutes - until some public-spirited user notices and 'reverts' the page.

Of course, if you mess around too often, the Wiki guys will eventually catch you out and ban you. :)

Oh, the grammar! A lunar eclipse 'is when...' Yuk. I can remember our English teacher speaking darkly of the death penalty for anyone offering a definition in those terms...

Olly

My Grammar and I (Or is that Me?) got on like a house afire! :)

Thanks Demon. In fact, I was referring to the title of Caroline Taggart and J.A Wines's book; which is:

'My Grammar and I (or should that be 'Me'?) Although, I can't see a verb in "My Grandmother and I."

E.g. Her Majesty would say 'My Husband [his title] and I.' If she refers to HRH by name (Which in public she wouldn't do) she should say 'Phillip and me.' Or should that be Me! :)

Mind you, at the moment I am more concerned that the Villa have chosen the wrong manager, and Tom Cruise is going to attempt to play Jack Reacher... The latter is like choosing Mickey Rooney to play Goliath!

Oh, I don't know... Maybe the same can be said for McLeish!

No way!:)''

Regards

JonJon.

E.g. Her Majesty would say 'My Husband [his title] and I.' If she refers to HRH by name (Which in public she wouldn't do) she should say 'Phillip and me.'

Sorry, that is not correct.

Try thinking of it in terms of 'we' and 'us'. If it is a 'we' situation [We went to London] it will always be {my husband/phillip/the corgis} and I (went to London). If it is an 'us' situation [They came to see us] it will always be (they came to see) {my husband/phillip/the corgis} and me.

HTH

Well me bows to your superior knowledge.

I shall consult you when I am ready to sit my GCE English... (Or modern equivalent ) as it's something I should have sat, 50 something years ago, and never got a round-tuit'

All in jest of course

I am never too old to learn. Thanks for your explanation.

JonJon :)

Archived