Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M13 - My First Ever DSO Image

steve2310

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, not sure if this is coming off subject now re: M13, but here is M101 minus the 15 min subs causing all the noise. However, having removed them there is less finer detail - smoother though.

I just run this image through photoshop and used the Smart Sharpen filter - setting the pixel size at 2.0, remove gaussian blur and cranking sharpen upto 90% makes this image noise free but brings back a lot of the detail.. try it!

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to leave messages/advice for me re: M13 and M101 - cheers guys!

I didn't quite manage the time last week but I'm hoping to have another "bash" at re-processing M13 sometime this week in the hope that I can get a better colour balance. As with all things astrophotography related it's just all part of this huge learning curve and simply a matter of trial and error sometimes!

Anyway, not sure about anyone else but I haven't managed to get outside to image in about 2 and a half weeks now - the weather is soooo frustrating at the moment! Isn't it always the way when you buy a new telescope?!

Thanks again to everyone for their messages and encouragement - just hope I can show you something new very soon...........

PS

SIMMS: Thanks for the ADOBE PS tip - will go and have a play.......(many thanks for that)

Steve

Top notch first images....M101 is tricky at the best of times, and your processsing of M13 is very good indeed.

I do agree about the magenta cast....it's probably to do with your local light pollution....I have to tone down the magenta in my images too.

Rob

I'm totally gobsmacked.

I thought your M13 was amazing as your first image and then judging by your comments was expecting something very faint for M101. My jaw dropped off when I saw what you had produced, that's excellent, one of the best M101s I have seen.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

Carole

Archived