Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attemts with T-mounted Camera

Bone_Idle

I bought a T-mount adapter for my Panasonic GH1 as I had very limited success with holding the camera to the eye piece.

The main issue I am finding is focus, it's hard to focus as the scope moves when the knobs are turned. So fine adjustment is tricky.

Set up is Evostar 90 on EQ3-2, camera mounted directly on focuser or using SW deluxe Barlow.

Anyway, a couple of my first attempts. Only processing was applying a green filter in Lightroom which removes some Chromatic aberration.

I feel they're a little soft, I might have to invest in a power focuser.

5714705484_5203fa5e54_b.jpg

5714154483_2480a1fb36_b.jpg

5714719188_3d1bb57b5f_b.jpg

Excellent set of photo's.

What was the shutter speed and iso setting of the barlow shots?.

The focusing aspect is the most difficult part in prime focus shots.

Paul

I'll have to check. On my laptop at the moment and don't have access to Lightroom,.

Thanks for comments(to everyone), I'm quite pleased with them for a first attempt with the new adapter.:)

Very good image! the Panasonic GH1 sensor, is very good for moon shoots

It seems that way, there was a bit of greenish CA, but I just applied the green filter in Lightroom and it turned out good.

Excellent set of photo's.

What was the shutter speed and iso setting of the barlow shots?.

The focusing aspect is the most difficult part in prime focus shots.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Finally got onto my "proper" computer. The Barlow shots were iso 160 @ 1/30 sec.

The non Barlow shots were iso 100 @ 1/125sec. So the Barlow looks to be stealing quite a bit of light!:)

Hi Paul,

Finally got onto my "proper" computer. The Barlow shots were iso 160 @ 1/30 sec.

The non Barlow shots were iso 100 @ 1/125sec. So the Barlow looks to be stealing quite a bit of light!:p

1/30sec for the barlow shot is amazing :p.

I might give this ago if my technique is steady enough :).

I suppose the Moon would have to be at least a quarter phase to let enough light through.

Paul

1/30sec for the barlow shot is amazing :p.

I might give this ago if my technique is steady enough :D.

I suppose the Moon would have to be at least a quarter phase to let enough light through.

Paul

I basically set the camera on Aperture priority and dialed -3 stops of exposure compensation. It was handy having a decent, real time, live view on the Panasonic GH1.

The moon was very bright, I got burn in on my retina when viewing with 18m EP!;)

Focus was just selecting a spot to zoom into using the live-view at 10x, and then really carefully trying to focus the scope. Wobble everywhere, so a motor focuser is next on my list!

Oh, and I used a 10 sec shutter delay to allow the wobble to subside!

I think the mood is a fascinating and relatively easy target to begin with.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived