Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gina's Observatory

Gina

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't looked at Gina's webcam, but we're not far away and it's bright and sunny here this morning. Very cold though -- I can still feel it in my fingers after coming in from feeding the animals. If I were working outside today I think I'd give it an hour or so for the sun to take the chill off the air. It's one thing when being out in the cold when you're doing it for a job, but quite another when it's supposed to be for fun.

James

Thanks everyone ;)

Steady on Gina. The rate of building progress has gone exponential! :(

Only joking. Great to see the floor going in. I bet your chuffed to have the timber and actually start the main construction. I'll miss this thread when the build is finished!

It's a big relief and great to be able to get on with it at last :p I'm getting plenty of excercise :)

Well covers off the scope but don't think the obsy is quite ready yet :(
No, not quite :) But it won't be long before it'll be ready for solar imaging :p Anyway, I thought I'd give the scope and airing ;)

This is the most entertaining thread I´ve read in a long while...the web cam is a bit addictive, I keep going back just to see if anything has happened (mainly to see if any Goat or Cow has wandered by)

Oohhh theres a Goat back! Horrah!

I'm planning to get a netbook - Asus EEE PC 1001HA 10.1" 1GB 160GB XP Netbook from Morgans (refurbished) for under £140. Seems a good buy to me. Should be useful for imaging and mount control.

But I wouldn't need to get one to send messages from outdoors - I've already got a laptop :(

This is the most entertaining thread I´ve read in a long while...the web cam is a bit addictive, I keep going back just to see if anything has happened (mainly to see if any Goat or Cow has wandered by)
Thank you :(
Oohhh theres a Goat back! Horrah!
Swapped the goats round today - now have the 3 young nannies down here - young billy and adult nanny are up in the duck paddock.

My wheels came this afternoon - look good and strong but the axle holes which are supposed to be 12mm are rather loose on my 12mm SS bolts. The bolts are exactly 12mm according to me digital callipers. It's probably alright but they don't fit the bolts nice and snugly like the nylon ones do.

Spent most of the day fixing the joists down together with the cross piece by the pier base. Need one the other side too - job for tomorrow. I did finish off the south obsy wall frame as well though (except for the struts). I tidied up and put the floorboards back roughly for the night. Most of today's work is now out of sight :(

Early start today (about 7am). Working on the floor frame ATM, joists, cross pieces and noggins. Next will be the obsy north wall frame.

I've had to re-start YawCam - it stopped uploading just after 9am.

Stopped for a coffee break.

Just about finished the joist framework under the obsy floor and about to replace the rest of the obsy floorboards in roughly their right position. Then it's on to the obsy north wall and run off rail. Then I can determine the exact positions for the floorboards.

Archived