Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Soap Bubble (PN G75.5+1.7), Cluster IC 4996, The Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888)

Boren

Guys,

This is first light for the SBIG ST8300 M working with the new filter wheel, shot last week over 3 hours total.

I was quite surprised when I was able to see the Soap Bubble after a mere 80 min. through Ha. At F4 I just could not see it, regardless of how much both Kfir and I have tried last year. It just didn't work.

Even as I was out in the desert imaging it - I have named it in my mind: "The Bubble and the Beast"...

I hope you like the name, the image - and any comments are – as always – very, very welcome.

http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/134657398/original

Cheers,

Harel ;)

post-20443-133877603861_thumb.jpg

Really nice image, great colour and structure as usual Boren. Loving your images at the moment.

A little inexperience on my side and a daft question.

Is this the Crescent Nebula NGC 6888 ???? It doesn't look like it, well similar. What signature is given to this DSO ?

Sorry for the daft question.

one difficult target...the soap bubble shows up nicely

Thanks Peter - indeed it's a difficult one, and last year I have tried several times to capture it - in vain...

I really leaped in my seat when I saw the first stack come in with the bubble showing ;)

Cheers,

Harel

Great image! This deserves a look on the desktop as this damn iphone isn't doing it justice...to the desktop!

Thanks! I hope the desktop had done it justice too :-)

I actually saw it yesteday on a friend's super monitor - much better than the one I use for processing - and it looked much better. It almost didn't look like mine...;)

Lovely image, great colour and detail and very nice composition too.:o

Mike.

Thansk Mike - I'm happy you liked it, and even happier that all the things I was so minded to when processing resonated with you as well. It's really a treat ! ;)

Cheers,

Harel

Really nice image, great colour and structure as usual Boren. Loving your images at the moment.

A little inexperience on my side and a daft question.

Is this the Crescent Nebula NGC 6888 ???? It doesn't look like it, well similar. What signature is given to this DSO ?

Sorry for the daft question.

Thanks! I am really happy you liked it!

Indeed this is NGC 6888 - it's just very bright here, since the image goes very deep, and I kind of wanted to achieve an imbalance in the brightness levels, to show how dim the soap bubble is, by letting the crescent be streched quite linearily !

Cheers,

Harel

Lovely and great to have captured the Soap Bubble too, a very elusive 'beast' indeed.

Thanks John and Steve,

I am glad you liked it!

Actually, I was thinking about the glowing Crescent as the "beast" :eek:

Cheers,

Harel

Archived