NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finaly got my first telescope!!

M3 Andy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks everyone. Yer had thunder and lightening last night. Will see how tonight is.

Once it dose clear you will get good seeing (hopefully), the rain and storms tend to clear the sky of dust and stuff which makes for better seeing.

Once it dose clear you will get good seeing (hopefully), the rain and storms tend to clear the sky of dust and stuff which makes for better seeing.

Arr ok mate will bare that in mind.

Congrats on the new scope Andy, hope you get some clear sky soon, at least the rain might wash all that crud and pollen out of the air. I washed my car and work van last Sunday, two hours later I wondered why I had bothered, they were yellow again.

That feeling of excitement and anticipation does not dull with age either, nor the comments off the old handbrake!

Let us know how you get on with it. :D

That feeling of excitement and anticipation does not dull with age either, nor the comments off the old handbrake!

Let us know how you get on with it. :D

Too true! I am as (if not more) enthused by observing as I was over 30 years ago when I first looked through a decent scope. I think what gets added is a thirst for knowledge about what you are looking at, once you know about an object the wonder is increased. Enjoy.

Congrats! Make sure you can write up some first light reports if you have the time :D

will do mate.

Took it onto the balcany today just to align the scope with the view finder.....i couldnt beleve how clear it is as i was doing it with a tall tree from miles away and with the 25mm in i could see the birds flying into it lol.

Very good scope you wont be disapointed with it, i bought one earlier this year. it is a very capable little scope, excellent at lunar and planetary astrophotography with the spc 880 webcam. Enjoy and clear skies.

Regards

Ben

Archived