NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

And I thought the C9.25 was a weight

Took delivery of my NEQ6 Pro today so my C9.25 has a mount, and being so keen to get a 'big' scope (apeture fever) and being a newbie didnt think to look at the weight of these things, mind you wouldnt have made much sense to me what is 16Kgs in old money anyway :)

This has got to be the most excercise i've had in years, oh well at least I can use that as a health benefit ;)

Out of interest what do most people do with transportation of these mounts. 3 trips? tripod, mount, weights

Or am I just showing how unfit I am......

Similar for me:

1. Mount + tripod + cables (all in a tupperware container attached under the spreader
  2. Weights
  3. OTA(s)

I find carrying the mount and tripod "unit" easiest if I hold it horizontally - one hand on the mount, the other on one of the legs.

Mike

PS I'm 60+, fat and unfit

Facing "south" reach over the top of the mount grab hold of the top of the SW leg & carry as one unit ... with an EQ6 and more than one counterweight I might want to take the counterweights off. Don't carry further than necessary but disassembling tripod from mount is a complication, especially if you rely on tripod leg location to get a reasonable (for visual work) polar alignment.

When I took my NEQ6 mount outside to erect, I pulled the mount itself outside in its box - sliding across the floor, down the steps and outside and across the grass. I unpacked the tripod and weights outside. I carried tripod to site on its own and then each weight separately. I found I could just about lift the mount to put it on the tripod! I don't think I could lift mount and tripod and certainly not with any weights on. Alright for you big strapping lads! :)

1. Tripod+mount, without the spreader means I can just put it over my shoulder. Although being 6'4 means the centre of gravity is a liability!

2. Scope + weights and EPs in their case over shoulder

3. Box thing with all the cables, cameras etc

4. Car battery.. at 20Kg..

What ever you do, don't go getting a pillar extension attached as well as that will make for an interesting YouTube clip.:) That definitely becomes a mount head, tripod, weights and finally a scope assembly.

James

Archived