Show off your Saturn attempts

Hi everyone I'm interested to see your Saturn attempts, and find out what sort of stuff people are capturing, and with what equipment. Post a piccie and mention what scope and camera was used.

Mine has been captured with a Skyhawk 1145P and a Philips SPC880 (flashed).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics everyone, nice to see what can be done with a range of equipment and might help people choose what scopes etc to buy.

Also interesting to see a comparison of photos with similar equipment used.

this is obviously nowhere near as good as all these other amazing pics, but all i used was my iphone through my scope ep

considering the camera used, its not bad....at least you can see what it is !!

post-25360-133877597722_thumb.jpg

Wow, you folks with stacked webcam images are just doing wonders! Single images, even from my really nice refractor and expensive Canon camera just don't match up at all for quality and detail.

I've tried stacking images from the 5D, but had no success. Image files are way too big for the imaging software I've tried. :D

Dan

Dan, on planets you really need a video stream to run through registax with 1000+ frames... get yourself an SPC900 and join in the fun :D after that you can LX mod it and use it for DSO globs or use it for guiding.

...feels weird giving astronomy advice to an Astronomy Prof. :)

Archived