Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HitecAstro DC Focus Motor Controller

This has been a long time coming so apologies to those who have been waiting patiently :)

The new Hitec DC Focus controller is designed to support the Skywatcher Auto Focuser and JMI focus motors. Manual focus operation is provided but it is when connected to a PC via USB-2 that the Hitec DC Focus comes into its own.

hitecastro_dc_focus.jpg

Specially written software provides very accurate control of the focus motor, indeed everything including speed, accuracy and frequency of operation is adjustable.

HitecAstro have also developed an ASCOM compliant driver to compliment the Hitec DC Focus software bundle. This should allow the Hitec DC Focus to be used with any software which supports the ASCOM standard such as Maxim DL. CCD Soft, Focus Max, etc.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooo, Now if only they would release a version that is compatible with stepper motors! Bout time somebody brought out a reasonably priced motor controller - look at the price of the moonlight units!

Excuse the thicko questions, but this is a computer controlled focus aid?

If Inhave a SW Autofocuser on my 200p I can connect this via, say, a netbook and get better focus control for imaging etc?

Steve,

Just my luck, I ordered the SW focuser yesterday, and NOW you release the autofocuser and offer a 20% discount for combined purchase.....

Typical - always happens to me.... :)

Any chance of a discount on the autofocuser to match that of the package deal (inc postage costs ) ??? - drop me a PM if possible....

Do these come with a 12v power supply mentioned in the PDF instructions ?

Any chance of a discount on the autofocuser to match that of the package deal (inc postage costs ) ??? - drop me a PM if possible....

Yes, I'll PM you a discount code when back at work :)

Do these come with a 12v power supply mentioned in the PDF instructions ?

No

HTH,

Steve

Steve if there any of the offer ones left after the Bank hols I'll take one kit (motor and controller) off your hands...

I'll see what the motor can be modified to fit/drive... especially the Megrez Crayfords...

Peter...

Enjoy the Wedding... and dont worry if the phone goes remember to have it on silent dont want you causing any incidents inside the Abbey :)...

Cheers DB I'lll have a kit in lieu of a Royal wedding present sorry W & K :) Havign a lathe and Milling machine in the workshop means it shouldn't be a problem to make any adaptors...

Steve/FLO I guess Thursday orders wont be delivered before next Tuesday ?

Ordererd with special instructions... I am on the mobile if anyone needs to speak about them ...

Peter....

Billy on the San Fran

So in the above scenario, with a Philips SPC900 added, I can get auotfocus on, say, Saturn?

Most autofocus systems only work on point sources (i.e stars) not extended targets such as planets. Astrosnap pro has an auto focus function for planets/Moon that works on contrast range. I works okay, but it not very adjustable in terms of sensitivity.

The alternative would be to focus on a star near the Moon/planet, then slew to the planet.

Archived