Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter and Io (transit)

jsmoraes

GSO 305 mm - ASI120MC - Focal Extender SE 3x

10 AVIs - 30 seg ~ 500 frames - 25 % stacked in AS!2 mode surface. Wavelets Registas 6.0 - Photoshop CS3

note: due stack in mode surface (AS!2 and Registax 6 didn't like not centralization of planet) I have 4 photos with problems (as some squares with matriz bayer) that was cleaned in PS-CS3 before the Wavelets processing.

Moons:
Io - nearest
Europa - intermediary
Ganymede - further

http://www.astrobin.com/172359/

note: not only Jupiter has fast rotation... the moons seems to be in speed race, also ! All that in 1 hour and 10 minutes ! ! !

jup-ioeurogany-anim-150411.gif

• 2 weeks later...

And a processing of RAW AVI that started the idea to have animation of all 3 moons. It was stacked in AS!2 mode planet with offset to include the moons, wavelets mode linked of Registax 6 and Photoshop CS3.

juraw_-150411-_1915_offset.jpg

Like the three moon animation and that last shot a lot - just managed to squeeze the action in on the frame!   Very nice depth of detail on Jupiter as well, though quite noisy - is this due to a smaller stack, or more aggressive sharpening?

Have you tried using WinJupos to derotate longer videos? I haven't tried this personally with a colour camera, but might be worth a try here to improve the SNR.

I tried to recover the maximum surface information. This work was a test of my Focal Extender 3x.   I let some noise in the process to don't loose some details.

I never did derotation in WinJupos. I downloaded it, but I need learn to use all its ressources. None movies in that session were more than 60 seconds. I know I can do more, up to 120 seconds without rotation problems.

But, as I said ... I was testing my Focal Extender. The animation was a good idea during the session, and it worked very well.

that must have been a lot of work !

Not so much. Process the photos to have the same hystogram is the most hard task. Align the images taking Jupiter as reference and creating the animation in Photoscape is easy.

Archived