SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, Double Transit!

Spacedout

Hello All,

A couple of recordings from my last broadcast.  I have tried to put these into Registax V5 and V6 but it just won't work!  Does anyone have an idiot's guide to this or know of an easier method?  I think there may be a few decent frames among these two videos so I'd love to have a go if possible!

Cheers

Karl

Thanks Robert and yes conditions were excellent!  I am surrounded by houses so by the time the transit began Jupiter was a bit lower and I guess the heat from the neighbour's house came in to affect!  I thing there was a fair bit of that going on and you can even see this with the first video as it is quite jumpy!

Thanks 

Karl

Thank you Martin, I got lucky again with the weather :)  I agree on the Jittery live feel but I was hoping to make a nice still image from the videos.  I'll keep messing with it and fingers crossed for the treble on Saturday  :shocked:

Thanks again

Karl

Hello All,

A couple of recordings from my last broadcast.  I have tried to put these into Registax V5 and V6 but it just won't work!  Does anyone have an idiot's guide to this or know of an easier method?  I think there may be a few decent frames among these two videos so I'd love to have a go if possible!

Cheers

Karl

Have you tried putting them through PIPP first.

Dave

You've got more than a few excellent frames there, Karl! Fantastic! I'm looking forward to the night of January 23/24 when the shadows of three moons transit, followed by the moons themselves starting around 10p.m. and ending about 6 am. I'm going to try to image some of it , given clear skies. You should go for it!

Cheers,

Reggie

Wowzers, Karl. Thats the best video footage ive seen of Jupiter. Without doubt, after stacking, theyre going to create an absolute cracker of a still image!

I have no idea what im doing with Registax but, even just playing around with it, I was able to bring out a heap of detail in Saturn. And that was from a video nowhere near as good as yours. Haven't used Registax for ages but, from memory, it was pretty intuitive to use. I think it went something like: select align points, stack frames, then play around with the wavelets. They're mighty touchy and don't take much messing about to start making the image look quite coarse and unnatural, but theyre pretty easy to use in bringing out a heap more detail.

Be sure to post the final pic when youre done. I'd love to see it.

You've got more than a few excellent frames there, Karl! Fantastic! I'm looking forward to the night of January 23/24 when the shadows of three moons transit, followed by the moons themselves starting around 10p.m. and ending about 6 am. I'm going to try to image some of it , given clear skies. You should go for it!

Cheers,

Reggie

Thanks Reggie it was a good night :)

Wowzers, Karl. Thats the best video footage ive seen of Jupiter. Without doubt, after stacking, theyre going to create an absolute cracker of a still image!

I have no idea what im doing with Registax but, even just playing around with it, I was able to bring out a heap of detail in Saturn. And that was from a video nowhere near as good as yours. Haven't used Registax for ages but, from memory, it was pretty intuitive to use. I think it went something like: select align points, stack frames, then play around with the wavelets. They're mighty touchy and don't take much messing about to start making the image look quite coarse and unnatural, but theyre pretty easy to use in bringing out a heap more detail.

Be sure to post the final pic when youre done. I'd love to see it.

Thanks Joves much appreciated :)  It does help when the seeing it really does make the live experience that much better!  Next time I'll try the new Miloslick software as that does steady things a bit.  I have now worked out my problem with Registax thankfully though the next step is to actually learn how to use it! :)

post-28683-0-82377400-1422288896.jpg

Thanks again

Karl

New.bmp

Hi Don,

No this was was the SCB-2000.  I have two of these cameras one with filter and one without.  This was the one with the filter still in place.  Just the camera and C11 and nothing else.  I can not believe how good this little camera is for the (£25) money!  I'm now looking for the SCB-4000 but these are not so easy to find a deal on!

The camera resolution I believe is 600 TV Lines whatever that means and I capture my cameras using the Dazzle DVC100.  I then broadcast and record using X Split.

Thanks Don much appreciated :)

Regards

Karl

Archived