NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I went to EMS 2 at the weekend where we had some excellent skies at Anderby near to the LIncolnshire coast..

After having a go at 2 min unguided subs with 24-70 zoom earlier in the year I went this time for 5 min unguided subs with my Sigma 150-500 zoom set at 200 mm with the Canon 1000d (non Mod). I am very pleased with the results I got and after a suggestion by Olly to use Gradient X which only costs 14 quid..:) I think I have got them about as good as I can... :)

M33 is 14 x 5 mins with 14 darks and bias, M45 is 7 x 5 mins with darks and bias... Thank you for looking..

post-13491-0-16241900-1378884589_thumb.j

post-13491-0-09544000-1378884623_thumb.j

Very nice, you have got some of M45's nebulosity. Just need more time on target.

Thank you, you are right, it would be nice to go for around 4hrs and see what happens..:)

They look awesome. Eepecially like the M33. More detail than i thought was possible with widefield. I just need to get a plate for the camera to sit on with my mount yet.

Look forward to seeing more :)

Matt.

Cheers Matt..:) I am really chuffed with these results. I got some good tips at EMS Anderby and there is nowt like actually being with folk to learn stuff. Shame you could not get over it was a fabulous weekend. As for the dovetail, I will knock you one up as I did for myself, you'll just have to pop down to workshop for another session and we can do it then... Though a ball head was recommended to me by Peter so I will reco one to you as they are brill on the dovetail...

thats amazing with a 100d and no guiding or tracking!! i seem to get star trails with anything over 1min with my focal length at about 20mm, how the hell do you get this with no star trail at 200mm with 5 mins! EXCELLENT!!

Cheers tingting. It is all in the polar alignment, I have been working on it but if you use the hour angle on the setting circle you should not be far off. I find leveling helps for me, some say it is not necessary and they may well be right but it does make a difference on the first star align of three and works well for me..:)

Makes me wonder what the point of a 'scope is when a camera lens gets results like this biggrin.gif. I love seeing Pleiades floating in space rather than being squeezed into frame. thanks for sharing these Col

Scott

Cheers Scott..:)

I have sort of tried the deeper sky stuff but was finding it all a bit too serious and ended up feeling like I had been to work by the time I was done..:D I gave up on the AP for a while and have just been messing a bit at my leisure recently with the camera lenses. I am thrilled with these two from what is a very simple set up...plonk camera on mount and press go.... suits me very well.. :laugh:

Archived