NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 The Whirlpool - Final

Komet

I started this earlier in March after my camera returned from its maker after a repair. Got out last night to try and add to the colour which I think was successful.

M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy

T: MN190

C: QHY IMG2Pro

F: Astronomik LRGB

M: NEQ6Pro + EQMod

G: SX OAG + SX Lodestar

Capture: Sequence Generator Pro

Guiding: Astroart 5

Process: Pixinsight + CS2

Lum: 25 x 300 secs 1x1

Red: 10 x 300 secs 1x1

3 x 600 secs 1x1

Green: 10 x 300 secs 1x1

3 x 600 secs 1x1

Blue: 10 x 300 secs 1x1

3 x 600 secs 1x1

I am suffering from odd star shapes though - now where's my investigating hat?

komet_m510313.jpg

Nice :)

Defocus your scope and take an image of a star .. check your scopes not one of the many faulty ones myself and a dozen of others have had in the past.. its been swept quitely under the carpet.. your looking for what looks like a bite out of the image of the star..

Nice :)

Defocus your scope and take an image of a star .. check your scopes not one of the many faulty ones myself and a dozen of others have had in the past.. its been swept quitely under the carpet.. your looking for what looks like a bite out of the image of the star..

.... when you say "bite", you don;t mean the focuser do you? What was done about this?

That's really come on a treat Mick :)

After you so kindly offered your RGB data to me I actually found a full set I did in 2010 and never processed. Not sure it would match up to yours here anyway :)

Cheers

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

.... when you say "bite", you don;t mean the focuser do you? What was done about this?

Hi, refunds were given, I have no idea what happened to the effected scopes..

Mine wasn't as bad as some... note the nibble out of the top left corner, some I've seen had two big bites.. :(

original.jpg

Interesting this because that represents what I see through mine. So how many scopes are we talking about and who actually gave the refunds? One dealer, more - the importer?

I actually mentioned this to a dealer a while ago who had not heard anything about it - and I actually believe him. So I would be interested to hear more/

Archived